Spotlight on... Research techniques: DIY and beyond
|Date:||10:00 am to 12:30 pm, Jan 10, 2012|
|Venue:||Dancebase Meeting Room|
0131 656 5970
|Link:||Click here to book|
A comprehensive round up of the hows, whens and whats of research to make sure you understand the tools and insights that are available to you -from basic DIY techniques to more sophisticated and in-depth options.
This session will be delivered by Clair Gilchrist, Research Manager at The Audience Business and Rachel McCrum an experienced researcher, previously from All About Audiences in Manchester. Rachel has worked with TAB on various research projects and is currently studying for her PhD in St Andrews and working as Research Manager at Craft Scotland.
Content of the session
- Detailed information on both secondary and primary research:
- What secondary information is available to you and how it can be utilised
- A comprehensive run through of key primary research techniques including quantitative and qualitative
- What are the best DIY techniques and how to maximise their effectiveness
- An over view of some of the latest methodologies and how are they being used
The session will
- help you understand what research options are open to you and how best to use them to confidently navigate your way through a research project
- give you the tools to assess what is best for your organisation to get the most relevant and impactful outcomes from research projects
This is a free training session for TAB subscribers, with a second place available at £15 if you would like a colleague to come too. Click the link at the top of the page to book your place. Booking closes on 21 December 2011.
Please note: Places for this workshop are limited. If you book a place and can’t make it along, please let us know as soon as possible and we’ll give your place to someone on our waiting list. (We may need to charge a cancellation fee if you don’t let us know. Even a day’s warning is useful.)